Friday, April 3, 2015

Article 397.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 4April 15, (Article 397).

Sportive spirit

I was speaking to a friend recently and he was quiet upset about India being defeated by champions Australia at the recent World Cup cricket. I tried to console him, but he was in tears. He kept saying that he could not believe we had lost. 

I asked him if he was confident that we would win the semi-final to go onto the finals. He said, “Yes.” I then asked if he expected India to win the seven matches that it won in the tournament. He said, “No.” I explained to him that cricket was a sport and should be treated as such. 

It is a game of luck and fans should take it in a sportive way. In every game there are loses, but the it’s the spirit towards it that will overshadow defeat. 
K. Ragavan

No comments: