Friday, April 17, 2015

Article 399.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 18April 15, (Article 399).

Scar of a lifetime

I recently read the sad news about the demise of famous cricket player Riche Benaud and I was reminded of the time when I was in school and he had come to play in India.

I admired him for his sophistication and style. A group of my school friends and I decided to go see him at the airport while he was playing in Chennai. 

It was in the evening around seven o’ clock and we were crossing the railway tracks. It was a shortcut to the airport. I was running behind my friends and due to poor lighting, I fell down and hurt myself badly.

However, we did not give up. We reached the airport and met Riche Benaud. On our way back, my friends noticed that my left hand was still bleeding. 

I went to our doctor for treatment and within a few days the wound healed. But the scar remains and to this very day. Each time I see it, I am reminded of the famous leg spinner and the day I saw him. 
K. Ragavan

No comments: