Monday, May 8, 2023

Tribute 765.

Salutations to my dear friend Ramesh Menon 765. Today, my thoughts went back to another intriguing friend whom I had the good fortune to know through print media almost fifteen years ago. It is none other than Ramesh Menon. Ramesh Menon and I frequently shared our thoughts in the Letters to the Editor column of all the leading newspapers in the UAE. Although we have never met in person, we meet every day in the newspapers. When I sent him an email regarding my decision to leave the UAE after spending sixteen glorious years and settle down in India, he promptly responded, expressing his association with me through papers, even though he could not meet me. Above all the compliments he bestowed on my writing, he urged me not to abandon my passion for raising my voice for common issues and requested me to continue doing so until my last breath. His words brought me immense joy that I could not fathom. A friendship fostered through social media, and yet we continue to nurture it through popular social media sites. For those unaware of him, he is an excellent writer with an aptitude for photography and an excellent blogger. He holds a prestigious position in a French-based company in the UAE Capitol. May God bestow happiness, good health, and serenity to him and his family in the future. With God’s grace, we shall continue our objective of expressing our opinions candidly and maintain our profound friendship. Warm Regards, K. Ragavan 8th May 2023

No comments: