Friday, June 3, 2016

Article 468.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE ON 4 June 16,(My Article 468)_

Friendly gift

The other day when I was about to pay my bill at a supermarket, I noticed an additional gift parcel added to my items.

When I enquired, the counter salesman pointed at a middle-aged person standing beside me. His face was familiar, but I failed to recollect his name. But by intuition I linked his name to a famous film personality.

When he greeted me, I recognised him by his voice and shouted in joy, “Abbas, when did you come to Bangalore?”

I knew him during the days I was working in the UAE. I used to jovially tell I would never forget his name, as it was the same as famous Bollywood director KA Abbas. He requested that I do not open the parcel until I reached home.

Controlling my curiosity, I waited until I reached home. The parcel had two pockets of dates.  I was so happy that my friend had gifted dates before the Holy Month of Ramadan. Whenever I used to meet him during the Holy Month in the UAE, he used to do the same.

Such good friends are indeed as sweet as the dates.
K. Ragavan

No comments: