Sunday, July 19, 2009

Article Published in Gulf Today on 14.Feb.09.U.A.E.
February 14, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Cruel crunch Returning from holidays to Sharjah and catching up with close friends after a gap of 40 days is really a wonderful experience. When a couple of my friends visited and greeted me, I also felt the gravity of friendship. I noticed one of our good friends was missing. An acquaintance broke the suspense, telling that our friend had left for India. I was curious. Vacation? The answer came that he had to leave his job. I was shocked. This person was working as a public relations officer for a media company. At a time when people think only IT and property sectors have been hit hard by the global recession, this news comes as a rude shock. I am only praying that the crunch effect be reversed and people get back to normal life worldwide soon.

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Tribute to Director P.Vasu.
February 9, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Today i remembered an another Mass AppealingDirector from Tamil film is none other thenDirectorP.Vasu.He has not only Proved himself as a Talented Director ,but also an Good actor.Even though he has Directed coupleof Movies only,but three of his Movies ican always Remember.Chinna thampi has created a Revolution both in Musicand actionpacked.Prabhu,Kushbu,Radharavi,Manorama andGoundamani done their Rollverywell.Mannan,with StalwartRajnikanth,VijayaShanthi,andVishu has Made a Bighit.Lastly and the Recent Multi star magnum,Chandramuki with Stalwarts Rajnikanth,Prabhu,Naser,Vijayakumarand Comedian Vadivel made a Superhit in Action ,music and Songs.Vidya Sankar’s Melodious Musicand Beautifull Cinemotographyare the Main added attraction.Vadivelu ’s superb timely delivered comedyand his Vachutaneappu,made the Audience Laughing.In the Recent Tamil screen has Gifted a Wonderful Natural comedian Vadivelu,is not a Exageratedone.This Three films Made a Big name for this Beared Director.Iam happy to Pen this Director this week. Regards.

K.Ragavan.

Seeyou nextweek.

Feb.9.09.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published inGulftoday on7.Feb.09.uae.
February 7, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Strange coincidence I was invited by a friend to spend my day off with him. After a sumptuous lunch, the two of us decided to watch some old movie. Our pick for the day was an old Tamil movie. The protagonist of that movie was veteran comedian Nagesh. As we both were enjoying the movie for its brilliant craftsmanship, locations and pictersqueness, I received a call from India. The voice on the other hand informed me of the demise of Nagesh. I was shocked to know of the news and can say with surety that the void created by his death would be hard to fill. But I was also forced to think of what strange coincidence it was!!

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Letter Published in Khaleejtimes(weekend)on 6.Feb.09.U.A.E.
February 6, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Growing trend THE ARTICLE Made in Heaven (January 16) by Saleh Al-Saibhany was meaningful. The trend of marrying older women is now spreading everywhere. Earlier this was seen only in the West. Now we see even prominent persons going in for such a marriage. – K Ragavan, Ajman

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Demise of Actor Stalwart Nagesh.
February 2, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
The Demise of Famous South Indian Film ActorNagesh was a Great Loss for the Film Industry.Came as a comedian ,then turned in to Hero in the famous Server Sundaram film.Acted in all kinds of Rolls.Even thoughj he has many films to his credits few of His few Memorable films are KathalikkaNeramillayThiruvilayadal,Thillana Mohanambal,Anubaviraja anubavi and Apoorva sagotharargal.Known for his witty Delivery and timely jokes.May his soul Rest in Peace.

Regards.

K.Ragavan.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Tribute to Director Vikraman.
February 2, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Today i am goingto pen an another Sentiment and family oriented Director from Tamilfilm industry is none other then Vikraman.Two decades of his film career he has directed few films with topclass actors like Sarathkumar, Vijaykanth,Vijay ,Karthik,and Roja.Films reflects familydrama and emotions ,welly accepted by the Audience in those days is quitetrue.Music ,songs and dioloques are the main salient featureof his films.Even though ,he has directed many films with different concept i can not for get the Films,Suryavamsam,Unnidathil ennai koduthen and Wonderful Pooveunakkaka.Sollamalay yar parthathu was a Superhit song welly accepted by Tamil film fans. His Film Vaanathaipola won the National award..To day i am happy to pay my tribute to this film personality.

Regards.

K.Ragavan.

Seeyounextweek.

Feb.2.09.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

ArticlePublished in Gulftoday on 31.Jan.09.U.A.E.
February 1, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Different

tsunami

During my usual walking session, I met a person who soon became my friend. We generally discuss various topics while walking.

One day, he invited me to his flat, which was very close to mine. As desired by him, I reached his flat on that particular day.

I spotted several footwear in front of his house and thought I had arrived at a wrong place.

Suddenly, my friend came out and invited me in. I saw more then 20 people sitting inside. I thought he had invited me for a get-together or a birthday party.

He broke the suspense.

“I had invited to join our prayer session.”

For what? I asked.

He replied: “We are praying for a few good friends to get jobs, as many jobs have been swept away by the global recession tsunami.”

I was surprised, but felt the cause was good and heartily patted him.

K. Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Tribute to Director R.Sunderrajan.
January 26, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Today i am Going to Pen an another interesting actor cum Director in the Tamil screen is none other then DirectorR.Sunderrajan.In a Span of Two decades created a Revolution in Music and songs through his filmsis not a Exagerated one.He has Directed few films only,and among those ican not forget Payannangal Mudivathillay,Mella Thiranthathu Kathavu,and Amman kovil kilakkalay isworth mention.Songs in Payanangal mudivathillay was made the Director Very Big hit in those days with Master Ilayaraja’s Musicand s ongsSuperb.His Pictures Reflects Reality and Meaning ful comedy.He was having his own Identity in the Film circle.Simple ,soft spoken and Humble Sunderrajan was liked byall.He has proved not only a Good director butalso a Good comedian.His witty dioloque delivery i admire. ActorMohan,was popular through his Payanangalmudivathillay and Vijaykanth’s memorable action in Amman kovil kilakkalayisto be mentioned here.Iam happy to give Tribute this stalwart.

Regards.

K.Ragavan.

SeeyouNextWeek.

Jan.26.09.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

New era.
January 25, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Recently i was watching the ceremonial function of the American President in the T.V. Millions of People attended with Dreams of the New America.. Even thoughThere is a Dramatic change in the White house History ,how far the Present ly Elected President will take care of the Burning Problems in the Middle east.Ihave My own doubts,that the Present Administration can not make any of his own Decision without the influence of Israel.Let us wait and watch ,if Palestinian people are really lucky?.Americans will follow their own Agenda in their Politics,and how the present white house administration will tackle the present scenario of Middle east,andGlobal resession.

K.Ragavan.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published in Gulftoday on 24.Jan.09.U.A.E.
January 24, 2009 by krishnamachari ragavan
Key

connection

A couple of months ago, I joined a travel guide website and started contributing letters and articles. I receive a lot of mail from people across the globe. Whenever I get letters from friends I reply immediately.

Recently, I went to a shopping mall, purchased some items and while paying my bill through credit card, I noticed a person staring at me. I ignored and moved on. The person followed me. I asked him what he wanted. He wished me, mentioned his name and asked whether my name was Ragavan!

I was stunned.

He replied: “I was browsing a travel guide site when I saw your photo. When you paid your bill through credit card, I recognised you through your same photo.”

I was amazed at the power and reach of journalism.

K. Ragavan .

No comments: