Monday, August 12, 2019

Letter.

Letter Published in Gulf News UAE on 13

Another suicide

I write to you with reference to Indian coffee king, V.G. Siddhartha’s body being found after he committed suicide (“Why did the Coffee King commit suicide?”, Gulf News, August 2). Siddhartha was the founder of India’s largest coffee chain: Café Coffee Day. This shocking news about his disappearance and body being uncovered from a lake in Kerala was perplexing.
Despite the controversial information that came up about him, I respect this man as he really made a name for himself from scratch.
Siddhartha is a self-made billionaire and no one can deny that he left behind a true legacy. Before taking this drastic decision he should have consulted his friends, family and the heads of the company. His passing is a terrible loss to the corporate world. My heart goes out to his family. I send my condolences to his bereaved loved ones.
From Mr K. Ragavan,
Bengaluru, India

No comments: