Monday, February 17, 2020

Letter.

Letter Published in Gulf News UAE on 18Feb 20

Saying goodbye

A couple of days ago, I got a message that a loving friend had died. I couldn’t believe it. I had seen him recovering from bad health, but despite the recovery, he was still taken away. In my few years of association, I have seen this banker, and hockey player’s activities. I used to live with him for three and half years, and even after moving away, we still met almost daily.
He retired from working at the Reserve Bank of India. Apart from his profession, he had an interest in hockey and that was remarkable. I think he was even instrumental in getting a stadium built in Akkithimmanahalli in Bangalore. He has participated in many matches and won medals. Even as a banker he had good, friendly relations with his colleagues. He was the motivating factor to reestablish his gated community into a beautiful space. He was friendly, charming and always smiling. He is no more, but his legacy will continue and his motivation will be remembered by everyone. I cannot console his family but all I can do is pray for them.
From Mr K. Ragavan
Bengaluru, India

No comments: