Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Small Story 48Mystery of the MysorePak.

Small Story 48. Mystery of the Mysore Pak Anitha double-checked the address her friend Ranjitham had given her. The shop promised freshly made Mysore Pak, and after a long week, she was eager to indulge. As she entered, the salesperson greeted her warmly. “Madam, today all are freshly prepared! Just now, we made some Mysore Pak.” He handed her a small piece to taste. Anitha savored the sweet, buttery flavor. “Oh, nice! I’ll take 1 kg of Mysore Pak and half a kg of Badam cake, please.” With her purchase in hand, she headed home, excited to share her treats. However, as she opened the door, her son rushed in, a worried look on his face. “Mom, I had an accident!” He showed her his leg, scratched and bleeding. “Someone on a scooter hit me while I was walking home!” Panic surged through Anitha as she grabbed her car keys. “Let’s go to Dr. Rao!” She drove swiftly, her heart racing, and they arrived at the clinic just as Dr. Rao finished with another patient. After a tense twenty minutes of waiting, her phone buzzed. It was Ramya, another friend. “Anitha, can you give me your doctor’s address? My son fainted during a cricket match at the Jaynagar ground after being hit by a ball.” “What?!” Anitha exclaimed. “That’s terrible! I was just buying Mysore Pak when I got the news about my son.” Both friends shared a moment of shock, realizing the odd coincidence. “This is a bad omen,” Anitha said. “First, my son gets hit, and now yours? We just wanted a treat!” Ranjitham’s love for the Mysore Pak shop had taken a dark turn, leaving Anitha and Ramya to wonder: was it the sweet treat that brought misfortune, or just an unlucky day for them both? K.Ragavan 16-10-24

No comments: