Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Small Story 41 Great Decision.

Small Story 41 Great Decision Ramu read the letter from his friend Shankar, who had settled in Sydney ten years ago. Shankar was coming to visit him and admired writer Ram'swritings under the pen name Tamilan for over fifteen years. Ramu recalled meeting the writer Ram at an event long ago. Excited, he called his wife, Pankajam, in the kitchen to share the news. She was thrilled, as her friend Swathy and her daughter Vasanthi would be visiting as well. The next day, Ramu went to the airport to greet Shankar and his family. Shankar complimented Ramu on his cozy 1,200-square-foot apartment. Vasanthi was overjoyed to see Ramu and Pankajam after a decade. However, Ramu felt a pang of sadness; he had recently lost his only son, who was meant to marry Vasanthi, his former classmate. Their parents had agreed on the match, but fate had intervened tragically. After a hearty lunch, the friends reminisced about old times. Ramu asked Vasanthi about her plans. She replied calmly, "I’m studying journalism and want to focus on that. I also came here to stay with my in-laws." Ramu was surprised. "Your in-laws?" Vasanthi smiled and said, "You are my father-in-law. When I decided to marry Pravin, I chose to make this house my home. I would be happy to stay here forever." Pankajam was taken aback by Vasanthi's bold decision. Shankar chuckled, "I hadn’t shared this secret!" Ramu embraced his old, sincere friend, feeling a mix of joy and hope for the future. K.Ragavan

No comments: