Sunday, October 13, 2024

Small Story 45. Award Function Help.

Small Story 45. Award Function Help. The train was about to depart, and Shanmugam felt restless. Just then, a young, smart lady approached him. “Uncle, could you please hold my handbag? I’ll be back in a few minutes—I just need to buy some magazines from the platform shop.” Shanmugam nodded and accepted the bag, but as the train began to move, he realized the lady hadn’t returned. The first stop came and went, and still no sign of her. With each passing minute, his worry grew. What could have happened to her? He glanced at the bag, which held no address or phone number. Hesitant to open it, he decided to wait. As the train rolled on, anxiety gnawed at him. Finally, at their destination, he faced a dilemma: should he go to the nearby railway police or stay put? Just then, his phone rang. “Hello? Who is speaking?” he asked. “Please stay there; I’ll come!” a voice said urgently. In ten minutes, a new lady arrived, breathless and smiling. “Uncle, my friend Kanaka asked me to collect this bag from you.” Shanmugam blinked in surprise. “Kanaka? But how does she know me?” The lady, Reshmi, replied, “I was traveling in the compartment next to yours.After buying Magazines She was travelling withme but has to go home urgently . She sent me a picture of you at your award function yesterday at Raj Bhavan. Shanmugam felt a wave of realization wash over him. He had just received the “Best Staff of the Year” award from his department and was returning to Tenkasi to share the news with his family. Reshmi “You can call Kanaka now and let her know I got it. Now you can go home to your daughters and wife, proud of your achievement.” Grateful, Shanmugam thanked Reshmi for her kindness. In that moment, he felt a deep appreciation for the good people in the world, realizing that sometimes, help arrives when you least expect it. K.Ragavan 13-10-24

No comments: