Friday, October 4, 2024

Small story 37.Face the Reality.

Small Story 37. Face the Reality.Ambujam brought tea to her husband Ram, who was anxiously reading the newspaper. The headlines about the ongoing crisis in the Middle East weighed heavily on his mind. “What’s wrong, Ram? You look troubled,” Ambujam asked, concern etched on her face. “Our son, Harish, is working in Israel, and with the war going on there, I can’t help but worry,” Ram admitted. “Even though safety measures are in place, I can’t shake this feeling.” “Here, take your tea,” Ambujam said gently, placing the steaming cup in front of him. “Don’t worry. Our God will take care of him.” Ram took a sip, the familiar taste comforting him. “You’ve kept this recipe perfect for decades.” Ambujam smiled. “My mother taught me this when I was in college. By the way, what’s the latest news from Harish?” Just then, Ram’s phone rang. It was Harish. “Daddy, I have news! There’s been a sudden development at work, and I’ve been transferred back to our city. I’m leaving today!” Ambujam beamed, turning to Ram. “See? I told you God would take care of him.” Ram sighed in relief. “I hope he’s here by tomorrow.” As they exchanged joyful glances, Ram’s phone rang again. This time, it was his friend Venkatesh, who had gone to the U.S. to visit his daughter. “Hey, Ram! Sorry, I couldn’t fulfill my promise about my daughter’s marriage to Harish,” Venkatesh said, his voice heavy with concern. “What happened?” Ram asked, surprised. “Charulatha was in an accident last week. A truck overturned, and she was thrown from her car. Thankfully, she survived, but she’s in critical condition. I can’t possibly give her hand to your son now.” Ambujam, overhearing the conversation, took the phone from Ram. “Venkatesh, I know you, your wife, and Charu well. Accidents happen, but think about what marriage truly means. Harish is coming back tomorrow, and he has always liked Charulatha since they were kids. Let’s not make hasty decisions based on this.” Venkatesh was taken aback by Ambujam’s words. “You’re surprisingly optimistic, Ambujam. I didn’t expect this.” “It’s all about faith and trust, Anna. Let’s keep our plans for the wedding. We can wait a little longer if needed. Harish is excited to come back,” she reassured him. Venkatesh’s heart softened. “You’re right. Thank you for your understanding. Let’s talk more when Harish arrives.” After the call, Ram looked at Ambujam, admiration shining in his eyes. “You have a way of seeing the silver lining in every cloud.” Ambujam smiled. “That’s what love and faith are all about. Together, we’ll face whatever comes our way.” K.Ragavan.

No comments: