Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Small Story 4. Prayer is the only remedy..

Small story 4.Prayer is the only remedy.. Ambujam began her day with the usual devotion, paying homage to her beloved goddess Sri Andal and reciting Thirupavai. The morning routine set a serene tone as she moved to the hall where her husband was engrossed in the newspaper. "Lunch is ready," she said cheerfully, placing the plates and other items on the table. As they settled down, Ambujam shared a thought with her husband. "I miss the days when we used to get letters from the postman. Now everything is email and phone calls. I haven't heard from Ram in a while. I hope he’s alright." Just then, her husband’s phone rang. It was Ram, their son, calling from the other side of the world. "Hello, Dad! How are you and Mum? We’re doing great here. I have some exciting news. Tomorrow, I’m coming over with Sugandhi. I've transferred permanently to the India branch!" "Really? That's wonderful news!" her husband responded, unable to hide his excitement. "Yes, and we’re going to Uppiliappan Temple the day after tomorrow. I had prayed to Lord Uppiliappan for this transfer, and He answered my prayers. I wanted to keep it a surprise. Sugandhi and I thought it was the right time to be closer to you both. It’s been a while, and I want to be with you, not just for visits but permanently. I’ll also be able to spend more time with you, Mum and Dad." Ambujam’s heart swelled with joy as she overheard the conversation. She was thrilled not only by Ram’s decision but also by the fact that his prayers had been answered so swiftly. Her own prayer, which she had kept close to her heart, was for a grandchild—a longing that had been there for eight long years. She had always been a devoted follower of Sri Andal Nachiar, and she believed firmly that her prayers would be fulfilled. The idea of a grandchild filled her with hope and anticipation. She knew that this visit might just be the perfect opportunity for her prayers to be answered. As Ram and Sugandhi prepared for their journey, Ambujam felt a renewed sense of faith and excitement. The thought of finally having a grandchild brought a radiant smile to her face. She had always believed that the divine would grant her wishes in its own time, and this moment felt like a blessing about to unfold. K.Ragavan

No comments: