Saturday, September 14, 2024

Small Story 21. Investigation Bonding.

Small story 21.Investigation Bonding. After his retirement, AthmaRao set out on a special mission: to find a book by his favorite author. A lifelong fan of investigation stories, he was eager to discover a new addition to his collection. The quaint bookshop he visited was a familiar haven, its shelves lined with titles that promised adventure and intrigue. As he wandered through the aisles, an enthusiastic voice greeted him. "Sir, do you remember me?" the young man behind the cash counter asked with a warm smile. AthmaRao looked at him, puzzled. He couldn't quite place the face, though it stirred a vague sense of familiarity. The young man continued, "Twelve years ago, when I was studying in college, I delivered newspapers to your house. You always took the time to chat with me and encouraged me, despite my modest means. I remember you appreciated my efforts and mentioned your love for investigation stories." AthmaRao’s eyes widened as recognition dawned. "You’re Ram, aren’t you?" he asked, astonished. "Yes, that’s right," Ram replied, his smile widening. "Your encouragement inspired me to pursue my passion for investigation stories. I started writing, and now I've published ten books. The shop owner here is my distributor. I've been hoping to meet you again and thank you for your support." Just then, the shop owner appeared with a book wrapped in a special cover. "AthmaRao, this is for you," he said, presenting it to him. AthmaRao carefully unwrapped the book and was struck by the sight of the title, which had his own name inscribed on it. As he flipped open the book, his astonishment grew. The preface bore the name "Ram" as the author, but intriguingly, his pen name was "Athma. With tears welling up in his eyes, AthmaRao looked at Ram, deeply moved. "You’re truly remarkable, Ram," he said, embracing him warmly. "From today, I am your reader." The two stood there, enveloped in a moment of shared joy and achievement, their hearts brimming with gratitude and pride. K.Ragavan

No comments: