Short Story 676
Life is Beautiful – 21
While Vasanthi was sitting at the Brindavan Hotel near the K.R.S. Dam, she noticed a small handbag lying on the table next to hers. Thinking that someone must have forgotten it, she looked around, but she couldn't find anyone who seemed to be its owner.
When she picked up the bag, she noticed a phone number written on it. She immediately called the number.
"Hello, who is speaking?" someone answered.
Vasanthi said, "I'm Vasanthi. I'm at the Brindavan Hotel near the K.R.S. Dam. I found your handbag here. May I know your name?"
The person on the other end replied, "Thank you very much, Vasanthi. My name is Radhika. My husband Ravi and I have just finished visiting the gardens and are walking back to our car. I didn't even realize the bag was missing until I received your call. The car key is inside that bag. Please stay there. I'll come and collect it."
A short while later, Radhika and her husband Ravi arrived.
Vasanthi said, "Hello, I'm Vasanthi, and this is my friend, Ram."
Ravi said, "Please check the bag first."
Vasanthi handed the bag to Radhika. After checking that everything was inside, Radhika said,
"Thank you so much, Vasanthi. This is my husband, Ravi."
Then they said, "We're driving to Bengaluru. If you both would like, you can come with us."
Vasanthi replied, "Thank you. Ram needs to go to Bengaluru."
Radhika asked, "Then what about you?"
Vasanthi answered, "I need to go to Mysuru. I'll take a bus."
Radhika smiled and said, "Why go by bus? We'll first drop you off in Mysuru and then continue our journey to Bengaluru."
Just then, it began to rain heavily.
About forty-five minutes later, they reached Mysuru, and Vasanthi got out of the car.
"Radhika, thank you very much for your help. Here's my visiting card. If you ever come to Mysuru, please do get in touch with me," Vasanthi said.
Radhika replied, "Certainly. Thank you very much. I'll stay in touch. Good night!"
Vasanthi happily bid them farewell. As she thought about how her friend Ram had found a convenient ride to Bengaluru, she silently said to herself, "God is great!"
To be continued…
19-7-26
No comments:
Post a Comment