Friday, July 24, 2026

Small Story 682.

 Small Story 682

Life Is Beautiful – 27

Vasanthi turned around. The one who had called her was none other than Radhika.


Radhika:

"Vasanthi! What a pleasant surprise! This is the first time I've seen both of you again since we met in Mysore."


Vasanthi:

"I'm sorry, Radhika. I couldn't stay in touch with you. Our bank had a two-day seminar, and I returned only this morning. I have to leave again tomorrow."


Radhika:

"That's all right. I'm really happy to see you here. We're planning to watch this movie tomorrow, so I came to book the tickets."


Ram:

"It's a pleasure to see you too. Please convey our warm regards to your husband."


Radhika:

"Thank you. All right then, you carry on. Have a wonderful day."


Vasanthi:

"The same to you."


They smiled, exchanged their goodbyes, and parted ways.


Ram and Vasanthi entered the theatre and took their seats.


The movie began, and both of them watched it with complete attention. It ended around 9:30 that night.


After leaving the theatre, they went to a nearby restaurant for dinner.


As they sat down, Ram noticed an indescribable sadness spreading across Vasanthi's face.


Ram:

"What happened, Vasanthi? Why do you look so upset?"


Vasanthi:

"I know it's only a movie, but the ending has deeply affected me. I pray that we never have to face a situation like that in our own lives."


Ram:

"Oh! Are you still thinking about the ending? Don't worry. Nothing like that will ever happen to us."


That day, Ram's words brought great comfort to Vasanthi's heart.


But today...


Ram's eyes were filled with tears.


The words Vasanthi had spoken many years ago echoed over and over in his mind:


"I pray that we never have to face a situation like that in our own lives."


In the end, the very fate she had feared had become reality.


Once, their lives had blossomed with dreams and hope. But in the cruel twists of time, their journey had ultimately come to mirror the story of the film Sumai Thaangi—a life weighed down by sorrow, sacrifice, and unbearable burdens.


To be continued.

.25-7-26

No comments: