Short Story 680
Life is Beautiful – 25
Ram's old memories (flashback) were interrupted by a phone call. He picked up the phone.
Ram: Hello, this is Ram speaking.
On the other end was his friend, Raj.
Raj: Hello, Ram. How are you? It's been a long time since I heard from you. Is everything alright?
Ram: Thanks, Raj. I'm doing well. How is everyone in your family?
Raj: Everyone is doing well, Ram. Why don't you come over to my house today so we can meet?
Ram: What time?
Raj: At 6:30 this evening.
Ram: Alright. I'll finish my evening walk and then come over.
At exactly the appointed time, Ram arrived at Raj's house.
Raj was delighted to see him.
Raj: Ram, the reason I wanted to meet you today is to discuss the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. I know you've always had a keen interest in that subject.
Ram: I certainly am interested in it. But why is it so important that we discuss it today?
Raj: The editor-in-chief of our newspaper has asked me to submit a brief article on that topic by tomorrow. Since you have a habit of looking at every issue from all angles in a positive and thoughtful way, I felt you were the right person to help.
Ram: I always try to find the good and the beauty in everything. Alright, let's discuss this topic. It's one of my favorite subjects as well.
Raj: Wonderful, Ram. First, let's have a cup of tea, and then we can begin our discussion.
Just then, Raj's wife brought Ram his favorite tea along with some biscuits.
Raj: I've known you for more than twenty-five years. It has always made me happy to see you write with such passion and dedication about various social and global issues.
Ram: Certainly. I'll write the article for you.
After talking for a while, Ram took his leave and departed.
To be continued...
23-7-26
No comments:
Post a Comment