Thursday, October 1, 2026

Small Story 751.

 Small Story 751

Life Is Beautiful – 96

A Memorable Temple Visit

At around 5 p.m., Ranjitha brought Vasanthi and Anusha Madam from the airport to Ram’s apartment.

Ranjitha: “Ram Sir, Vasanthi Manni has invited Mummy and me to the temple this evening. I will meet you all there.”

Vasanthi: “Thank you so much, Ranjitha. Here, please take these dates home.”

She handed Ranjitha a large packet of dates.

After resting for about an hour, Vasanthi and Anusha Madam got ready for the temple visit. While having the tea prepared by Ram, Anusha Madam looked around the apartment and said:

Anusha Madam: “Very good, Ram. You have a very elegant apartment. I really like the way you have kept everything so neatly. And Tommy is such a smart dog. He has not spoiled anything, which shows how well you have brought him up.”

Ram: “Thank you, Madam. I hope Vasanthi also likes the apartment.”

Vasanthi: “I like this apartment very much. It feels very comfortable and pleasant.”

Anusha Madam: “Yes. She is going to stay here permanently after returning from her U.S. trip.”

After that, everyone changed their clothes and got ready to leave for the temple. Ram wore traditional attire, while Vasanthi wore a beautiful orange-coloured saree with matching accessories, which made her look even more graceful and elegant.

Before they left, Murthy arrived at Ram’s apartment with his family. Ram introduced Vasanthi to them.

Vasanthi: “You are not only a good neighbour and friend, but also a close associate of my husband. I am very happy to meet you.”

Everyone exchanged warm greetings, and soon they all left for the temple.

After having a good darshan and receiving the Laddu prasadam, everyone gathered in the large hall and spent some time talking happily.

Raj and his family, Athmarao, Ranjitha’s parents, Kotha, and Prasanna were also present.

Kotha and Prasanna thanked everyone for their affection and blessings. Vasanthi looked at Prasanna and said with a smile:

Vasanthi: “Prasanna, you are such a smart young man and a great admirer of Ram.”

Prasanna smiled warmly.

Before everyone departed, Ram reminded them:

Ram: “Please remember, everyone, to join us tomorrow for the party at Dasaprakash Paradise.”

After saying goodbye to everyone, Ram left with Murthy.

Back at the apartment, after relaxing for some time, Anusha Madam went to retire for the night.

The hall became quiet, with only Ram and Vasanthi sitting together.

Vasanthi looked at Ram and said softly:

Vasanthi: “I still remember our meeting in Madikeri and that incident at the zoo when you hugged me. Even today, I feel shy whenever I think about it.”

Ram slowly moved closer to her and gently hugged her.

Ram: “I can never forget those beautiful moments either.”

Tommy watched them quietly from nearby.

After spending a few more memorable moments together, Ram and Vasanthi went to retire for the night.

To be continued…

K. Ragavan

2-10-26

No comments: