Friday, October 9, 2026

Small Story 759.

 Small Story 759

Blessing in Disguise

Ganesh was seated on a bus bound for Mysore. After discussing his future with his father and mother, he had decided to pursue a one-year course in Blogging and Storytelling. He had recently completed his B.Sc. in Chemistry and was eager to explore his passion for writing and creativity.

The course was offered at the Mysore campus of New Blogging Paradise. It had been launched just two years earlier with only ten students. Today, it had grown remarkably, attracting sixty students from different parts of India, along with two students from the UAE.

As Ganesh settled into his seat, a sweet voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Excuse me, is anyone going to occupy the seat next to you?”

“Sorry, nobody is coming. I kept my bag there by oversight. Please sit down,” Ganesh replied, immediately removing his bag and making room for her.

“Thank you! My name is Nivedha. I am going to Mysore to join New Blogging Paradise,” she said with a pleasant smile.

“Really? I am going there too, to join the same course!” Ganesh exclaimed.

Nivedha was delighted to hear that.

“That is nice!” she whispered.

She then explained, “I completed my B.Sc. in Chemistry last year. My father and mother suggested that I consider this course, and I gradually developed a liking for the concept myself.”

“That's wonderful! I have a similar story. I completed my B.Sc. in Chemistry recently, and my parents encouraged me to follow my interests. I, too, became fascinated by the idea of Blogging and Storytelling,” Ganesh replied.

Their conversation continued, and they soon discovered that they shared similar educational backgrounds, interests, and ambitions.

Suddenly, Nivedha revealed something that surprised Ganesh.

“You know, my cousin is also supposed to join this course. I am looking forward to meeting him there. He is my father's sister's son. He studied in Madurai, but we haven't met for many years. I wonder how surprised he will be when he sees me!”

Ganesh smiled and said, “You must be feeling excited and a little nervous, wondering how he will react after all these years.”

“Yes, exactly!” Nivedha replied, smiling.

Both continued chatting throughout the journey. Their conversation made the time pass quickly, and after two and a half hours, the bus finally reached Mysore.

Since they were both heading to the same campus, they decided to share a cab. After a fifteen-minute drive, they arrived at New Blogging Paradise.

During the journey, Nivedha found herself wondering what her cousin would be like. Would he be a handsome young man like Ganesh? She stole a discreet glance at Ganesh and smiled to herself.

Meanwhile, Ganesh was having a similar thought. He wondered whether Nivedha's cousin would be as handsome as he imagined. Neither of them realised how amusing their thoughts were!

As they got down from the cab and entered the campus, Nivedha's mobile phone rang. It was her father.

“Hello, Nivedha! Have you reached Mysore safely?” he asked.

“Yes, Dad. I have just reached the campus,” she replied.

Her father then shared some unexpected news.

“I wanted to tell you something important. Your cousin has joined a university in Dubai, and he will be studying there in Australia University's programme.”

Nivedha was momentarily surprised. She had been expecting to meet her cousin at New Blogging Paradise, but now she learned that he would be pursuing his studies in Dubai instead.

After ending the call, she turned towards Ganesh and explained what her father had told her.

Ganesh was genuinely happy to hear that the mystery of her cousin had been resolved, although he had never met him. Nivedha, too, felt relieved and happy, even though she did not openly express her feelings.

Perhaps their unexpected meeting on the bus was not merely a coincidence. Two young graduates, both with degrees in Chemistry, had met while travelling towards a common dream. Their parents had encouraged them to explore a new path, and fate had brought them together even before their course had begun.

Sometimes, life takes us in an unexpected direction, replacing what we anticipate with something more meaningful.

What seemed like an ordinary bus journey might turn out to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

And that was truly a blessing in disguise!

K.Ragavan

10-10-26

No comments: