Friday, September 11, 2026

Small Story 731.

 Small Story 731

Life Is Beautiful – 76

The next morning, Ram reached the Channel office as usual. The receptionist greeted him and said:

“Good morning, Sir. Mr. Sulaiman is expected to arrive at 10 a.m. You are requested to meet Mr. Atkinson in his cabin at 10 a.m. He will be there by then.”

After having his tea, Ram spent some time reading his favourite newspapers, Gulf News, The National, and a few other newspapers. At 10 a.m., he entered Atkinson’s cabin.

Kaadhambari was already waiting there. A few minutes later, Atkinson and Sulaiman entered the cabin and warmly greeted Ram and Kaadhambari.

After Atkinson and Sulaiman had their tea, Sulaiman began speaking.

“Good morning. I read your email, Mr. Atkinson. Your concern about the present crisis is quite natural. At the same time, I don't think we can come to any immediate conclusion about the situation.

“Having started this blogging and publication initiative, I would like to continue my association with your Channel. The location can be decided based on your suggestion, whether it is in India or elsewhere.

“Today, storytelling and blogging have gained tremendous popularity everywhere. People in India are particularly interested in writing, blogging, and sharing their experiences. If we publish quality books with interesting and meaningful stories, I am confident that we can sell them not only in the UAE but also in other countries.

“Ram should take the lead in this initiative. At the same time, he should have the freedom to take his own decisions regarding the project.”

Atkinson listened carefully to Sulaiman's suggestions.

“That is a very good proposal,” Atkinson said. “I have an idea. I propose that Ram take the position of CEO for this project, while Kaadhambari can assist him in blogging, conducting interviews with various personalities, and developing relationships with advertising sponsors.

“With proper planning and teamwork, I believe this project can take good shape within a year. That is my calculation.”

Sulaiman was pleased with the proposal.

“That sounds good. I will send you the agreement covering our investment and the sharing of the net profits. I have to travel to Abu Dhabi tomorrow, so I will send the agreement once I return. We will discuss everything in detail soon. See you.”

Sulaiman left the cabin.

Atkinson looked happy and turned to Ram.

“My aim has been fulfilled, Ram. I always wanted you to become actively involved in our company, whether you work from here in Dubai or from India. I am happy that this is now taking shape.”

Ram smiled. Kaadhambari also looked pleased.

Afterwards, Ram and Kaadhambari left the cabin and returned to their respective work.

That evening, while returning to the guest house, Ram kept thinking about the events of the day. So many unexpected developments had taken place in such a short time.

He smiled to himself and murmured,

“Every day is becoming more and more beautiful.”

Life was indeed taking a beautiful turn.

To be continued

K.Ragavan

12-9-26

No comments: