Friday, September 25, 2026

Small Story 745.

 


Small Story 745
Life Is Beautiful – 90
A Memorable Farewell
The next morning, exactly at 6:45 a.m., Vasanthi and Kaadhambari arrived at the guest house. Ram had already packed his bags and was ready to leave. He warmly welcomed them and wished them good morning.
Vasanthi: “Good morning, Ram. I hope you had a good sleep last night.”
Ram: “Yes, Vasanthi. What about you?”
Vasanthi: “I slept well too.”
As they travelled towards the airport, Ram received a call from Anusha Madam.
Anusha Madam: “Ram, have a happy and safe journey. Take care of yourself.”
Atkinson also called and wished him a safe journey. Ali too conveyed his best wishes.
Soon, they reached the Emirates Terminal. Ram checked in his baggage and then came back to where Vasanthi and Kaadhambari were waiting outside.
Ram: “I have checked in my luggage. Everything is fine.”
Vasanthi looked at him affectionately.
Vasanthi: “Take care, Ram. I am happy to know that your journalist friend Raj will be receiving you at the Bangalore airport. The memorable moments of these past few days will remain in my heart until I come to Mysore after fifteen days with Grandma.”
She continued, “Grandma wanted to see me before I leave for the United States on October 12. I hope that, by then, our tickets will be confirmed and the endorsement in my passport will also be completed. Once I receive my passport, I will forward it to you. You can then send it to Suganthi for my visa submission.”
After a few moments, Vasanthi hugged Ram affectionately. Kaadhambari too hugged him.
Kaadhambari: “Bye, Dad. Take care.”
Just then, a staff member approached Ram.
Staff Member: “Sir, I am sorry. I forgot to give this to you earlier. Your seat has been upgraded to Business Class.”
Ram, Vasanthi, and Kaadhambari were pleasantly surprised.
Kaadhambari smiled and said, “Dad, I told my friend about your journey, and she arranged this because of our good rapport with the airline.”
Ram smiled warmly and thanked her.
After a few more emotional moments together, Ram left for the departure gate.
While sitting in his seat, he began thinking about how unexpectedly his trip to the UAE had been decided—and how beautifully and happily it had ended.
He had come to the United Arab Emirates with no idea that the journey would change his life in such a meaningful way. Most importantly, he had reunited with his beloved Vasanthi after so many years.
As the aircraft prepared for take-off, Ram looked out of the window and smiled.
His heart was filled with gratitude, happiness, and beautiful memories.
To be continued…
K. Ragavan
26-9-26





No comments: