Tribute to Late Legend B. V. Karanth – 946
Today, I would like to pay my heartfelt tribute to the late stalwart B. V. Karanth, a legendary personality known for his versatile contributions to Indian theatre and cinema, particularly in Kannada and Hindi.
B. V. Karanth was a visionary who made an extraordinary contribution to the world of Indian stagecraft, direction, music, and films. His remarkable work earned him several prestigious awards and recognitions during his lifetime. Even decades later, he continues to be remembered as an iconic figure whose influence remains deeply rooted in Indian theatre and the Kannada film industry, popularly known as Sandalwood.
His legacy continues through the many talented artistes and disciples who were inspired and guided by his creative vision, including the renowned filmmaker T. S. Nagabharana and several others.
I have had the opportunity to watch a few of B. V. Karanth’s films, although I am unable to recall all their titles now. Nevertheless, his distinctive style, creativity, and contribution have left an indelible mark on Indian performing arts.
If I am right, this week Bengaluru is commemorating the great maestro with a special programme and a biopic on his life and contributions, under the able direction of legendary filmmaker and his close associate T. S. Nagabharana. Such an initiative is a wonderful way to remember and celebrate the life and legacy of a true pioneer.
I wish my good friend T. S. Nagabharana and the entire team every success in presenting this memorable tribute in a grand and meaningful manner.
Long live the legacy of B. V. Karanth!
K.Ragavan
21-9-26
No comments:
Post a Comment