Small Story 734
Life Is Beautiful – 79
After having his morning tea, Ram went to the Editorial Department and discussed the evening news with the team. They exchanged their views on the important developments to be covered in the evening bulletin.
After the discussion, Atkinson called Ram to his cabin.
Ram went inside, wished him, and Atkinson warmly reciprocated.
Atkinson: “Mr. Ram, yesterday Sulaiman’s visit to Abu Dhabi was cancelled. He has sent all the details by email, along with the necessary documents by courier. We are expecting to receive them today.”
Ram: “That is good news, Mr. Atkinson. This project is moving forward very quickly. I feel it is a good indication of its future success.”
Atkinson: “True.”
Ram: “I have also started thinking about where our corporate office should be based. I have selected Mysore as the headquarters of our new venture. I have also thought of a name for the company—Bloggers Paradise.”
Atkinson: “That is a nice name. I like it. I will also convey my thoughts about the name.”
Ram: “As soon as I reach India, I will look for a suitable location in Mysore and take care of the other formalities, including registering the company name, with the help of my good friends.”
Just then, Kaadhambari arrived.
Ram and Atkinson explained the new development to her, and she was delighted with the proposed name. Meanwhile, Sulaiman also sent a message expressing his approval of the company name.
Kaadhambari looked at Atkinson and said:
Kaadhambari: “Sir, I have just received an email from Ranjitha. She says that Ram may be travelling to the United States in October to attend a function in Denver and deliver a talk on blogging and its implications.”
Atkinson: “That is wonderful news, Mr. Ram. Ever since you landed in this city, I have been telling you that your life would take a positive turn.”
Ram: “True, Mr. Atkinson.”
Atkinson: “Your return ticket is confirmed for Monday morning. You will be travelling by Emirates to Bangalore. After completing your programme in the United States and returning to India, you can begin looking for a suitable place for the new office.”
Ram: “Sure. There are only three days left before my departure. How quickly the days have passed in this city!”
Atkinson: “That is true. Both of you carry on with your routine work.”
After that, Ram and Kaadhambari left the office.
In the evening, Ram reached his place at around 7 p.m. After refreshing himself, he spent some time watching television.
Suddenly, his phone rang.
He answered the call.
It was a sweet and familiar voice.
The moment Ram heard it, he was shocked.
To be continued...
K. Ragavan
Tobecontinued
15-9-26
No comments:
Post a Comment