Saturday, September 26, 2026

Small Story 746.

 Small Story 746

Life Is Beautiful – 91
A Warm Welcome in Bangalore
After a four-hour journey, during which he enjoyed a good lunch and received a thoughtful gift from the travel staff, Ram finally reached Bangalore International Airport. He had always admired the airport for the way it was designed, constructed, and maintained.
After spending about half an hour at the airport without any hassle, Ram collected his luggage and came out. At the entrance gate, he saw Raj waving his hands and warmly greeting him.
Raj: “Ram, exactly one month has passed. Murthy and I missed you very much. But we are extremely happy that you have brought back so many wonderful and unexpected pieces of good news.”
Ram: “That’s true, Raj. I never expected this trip to turn out this way. The miracle of my reunion with Vasanthi was something I had thought would never happen. I had believed for decades that she had passed away, and I had not told anyone about it until just two days ago.”
Both of them slowly walked towards Raj’s car.
While driving, Ram asked, “Raj, have you had your lunch? If not, we can stop at a nearby hotel. I have already had my lunch on the flight.”
Raj: “I had my lunch, Ram. I knew you would have eaten during the flight.”
Ram then asked about Murthy, his family, Raj’s family, and Athmarao and Prasanna’s mother.
Raj: “Everyone is fine. Tomy is especially happy with Nirmala’s care. She has taken very good care of him.”
Ram: “That was a great help to me, Raj. I will never forget it.”
On the way, Raj stopped at Maddur for tea. After having tea together, they resumed their journey.
Ram looked out of the car window and enjoyed the beautiful scenery on both sides of the road.
Ram: “Karnataka has truly been blessed by nature. The greenery, beautiful landscapes, and scenic places are wonderful.”
Raj: “That’s true, Ram.”
After another one and a half hours, Raj reached Ram’s apartment. It was around 6 p.m., and Murthy’s family were already waiting eagerly for Ram’s arrival, along with Tomy.
Seeing his beloved boss, Tomy jumped with joy and hugged Ram. Ram affectionately patted Tomy and welcomed him.
Ram then gave sweets to everyone. He also handed a packet of sweets to Raj.
Ram: “Raj, while you are on your way, please give these sweets to Prasanna’s mother and Athmarao’s family as well.”
Raj: “Certainly, Ram. It is my pleasure.”
Ram: “My wife, Vasanthi, specifically asked me to give these sweets to our dear friends.”
Aarti: “Thank you, Anna. Murthy and I really appreciate your choice. Even decades ago, you made a wonderful choice in choosing such a good life partner.”
Murthy: “Yes, Ram. The other day, Raj’s wife also called us and spoke about Vasanthi. Your choice was indeed wonderful. She is very beautiful, graceful, and kind-hearted.”
Ram thanked them all with a smile.
Just then, his phone started ringing.
To be continued…
K. Ragavan
27-9-26

No comments: