Saturday, September 12, 2026

Small Story 732.

 Small Story 732

Life Is Beautiful – 77

In the evening, after refreshing himself, Ram decided to go for a short walk in the open space near the guest house. The pleasant breeze and fresh air made him feel relaxed and refreshed. After walking for about half an hour, he returned to the guest house and spent some time watching television.

Suddenly, his phone rang. It was Kaadhambari.

“Hello, Ram. I hope today’s discussions went well. You can now return to your place. I am very happy to continue with you as your assistant in this new venture.

“I called you because I told my grandmother and mother about you. I also showed them the photograph we took at the Emirates Restaurant. They were greatly impressed by the way you helped Prasanna get this opportunity to go to Germany.

“I also gave them your phone number because they would like to speak with you and invite you to our house for lunch before you leave for India.”

“Okay. Thank you, Kaadhambari,” Ram replied.

Kaadhambari ended the call.

Ram sat quietly for a while, reflecting on the warmth with which Kaadhambari’s family had received him and appreciated his helpful nature. He felt humbled that they regarded him as someone who genuinely cared for others. Their affection and respect touched him deeply.

After dinner, at around 8:30 p.m., his phone rang again.

He answered, “Hello, Ram speaking.”

A pleasant voice replied, “Good evening, Mr. Ram. I am Kaadhambari’s grandmother.”

She continued, “Kaadhambari has told me everything about her acquaintance with you and also about your background as a professor and writer. You have done a great deal for others, and I particularly admire your helping nature.

“I was especially impressed by what you did for Prasanna and the way you supported him in getting this opportunity. I hope we will meet you soon at our house. We would be very happy to have you for lunch before you leave for India.”

“Thank you very much, Madam. I am truly happy and touched to hear that,” Ram replied with humility.

The grandmother wished him well and ended the call.

Ram was extremely happy. He felt that her words were not merely words of appreciation, but almost like the affectionate blessings of an elder. The warmth, kindness, and affection in her voice touched his heart deeply.

For Ram, it was yet another beautiful reminder that genuine kindness and a helping nature never go unnoticed. Sometimes, the affection and respect we receive from others become the most precious rewards in life.

To be continued…

K. Ragavan

13-9-26

No comments: