Saturday, September 19, 2026

Small Story 739.

 Small Story 739

Life Is Beautiful – 84

Ram picked up the phone.

Ram: “Hello, who is this?”

Caller: “I am Suganthi speaking from the US. I am a good friend of Sophia. Good morning, Mr. Ram. Today, I am making arrangements for your visa and ticket to Denver for our Association’s 10th Anniversary function, where you will be our guest speaker.

“I just forgot to tell Sophia one important thing. You can bring your wife along with you. Except for the airfare, we will provide all the other arrangements for her. Please confirm whether she will be accompanying you and send me her passport details to the email ID I have forwarded to you. We need the details within two days.

“Sorry for the disturbance, Mr. Ram. We will meet you soon. Bye.”

She ended the call.

Ram immediately explained to everyone the latest news from the US. Everyone was happy, and Kaadhambari’s grandmother was especially delighted.

Grandmother smiled and said, “This is indeed a good beginning for our meeting today.”

Ram then checked his list and informed all his friends about the video conference scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. He was keen to ensure that everyone attended the important meeting.

Atkinson looked at Ram and said with a smile,

Atkinson: “Ram, I told you. Good things are going to happen.”

Ram simply smiled.

After that, Grandmother warmly invited everyone to join the delicious lunch. She wanted the occasion to be special—a celebration of two wonderful people who had been reunited after 26 years, right here in the United Arab Emirates.

Everyone settled into their seats around the dining table.

Ram and Vasanthy sat beside each other. They looked at one another and smiled.

For both of them, the moment was filled with memories, emotions, and the happiness of being together again after so many years.

To be continued…


K. Ragavan20-9-26

No comments: