Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Small Story728.

 Small Story 728

Life Is Beautiful – 73

Ram was pleasantly surprised to hear Ranjitha’s voice. He wondered how she had managed to get his telephone number.

“Hello, Ranjitha. How are you? And how is the Chief?”

“All are fine, Mr. Ram. You must be wondering how I got your number. My friend Kaadhambari gave it to me. I wanted to call you and say hello to my favourite professor and writer. I am very happy to hear your sweet voice.

“Please take care of yourself, and convey my regards to my friend Kaadhambari.”

“I have a meeting, so I have to rush. Enjoy your stay in the much-talked-about city of Dubai,” Ranjitha replied before ending the call.

After the call, Prasanna looked at Ram and said with a smile, “Nice, sir! Even the investigation officer is wishing you!”

Ram smiled.

“Kaadhambari, where shall we have our lunch?”

“Today, we will go to Emirates Restaurant. It is close by, and I am sure you will enjoy the food,” Kaadhambari replied.

Meanwhile, Kaadhambari and Prasanna had become quite familiar with each other. During their conversation, Prasanna invited Kaadhambari to visit Mysore.

Prasanna then explained his family background. He told her how his father had met with an accident and how Ram had helped him with his education. He also explained how Ram had supported his family in obtaining compensation for his father’s accident.

Kaadhambari was taken aback by what she heard. She looked at Ram with admiration and said, “I never knew that you had done so much for Prasanna and his family. You have always been a kind and helpful person, sir.”

Ram smiled modestly.

“Let us start. It is already 12:40,” Kaadhambari said.

They soon reached the restaurant. They enjoyed a delicious lunch followed by dessert. After spending some pleasant time together, they returned to the guest house.

Suddenly, Kaadhambari’s phone started ringing. She looked at the screen and saw that the call was from her grandmother.

She immediately answered the phone.

“Hello, Grandma! How are you? Is everything all right?”

There was a brief silence at the other end.

Kaadhambari’s expression suddenly changed.

Ram and Prasanna noticed her worried face and looked at her anxiously.

What could have happened?

To be continued…

K. Ragavan

9-9-26

No comments: