Small Story 705
Life Is Beautiful – 50
Kathambari continued:
“My visit to India was very fruitful. I had the opportunity to see the beautiful cities of Mysore and Coorg. Meeting Ram personally and seeing Ranjitha too was a memorable experience. Yesterday, I made another good contact, Sophia, during the meeting, and that made me very happy.
“Now I am going to order some special meals with a good variety of South Indian dishes. I hope you both will like them.”
Ram smiled and said, “Kathambari, I like only South Indian food, so it is perfectly fine for me.”
Ranjitha also agreed happily.
After ordering three meals, they continued their conversation. Kathambari said, “Yesterday’s meeting was very nice. I recorded Ram’s speech and sent it to my Chief. He was very impressed.”
Ranjitha then whispered to Ram, “Wednesday is my dad’s 60th birthday. I wanted to invite both of you and Sophia to our house.”
Kathambari looked a little disappointed and said, “Unfortunately, I am departing today.”
Ranjitha smiled and replied, “No problem. Certainly, there will be another occasion. I will be happy to attend when the opportunity comes,” replied Kathambari.
Then Ranjitha turned to Ram and said, “I will come and pick you up and take you to my house. Sophia will also come to my house. She is leaving for Denver on Thursday.”
After that, they all enjoyed a delicious South Indian lunch together.
When it was time to part, Ranjitha dropped Ram at his house. Ram thanked her warmly, and Tommy happily wagged his tail when he saw Ranjitha.
Ram came inside, relaxed for some time, and then went to retire for an hour’s rest.
Suddenly, Prasanna called.
“Sir, on Friday, my mother and I will be occupying the house that Raj Sir recommended. My mother has invited you for lunch. I will come to your place and personally invite you. I will invite Raj Sir separately. Along with you, I will also invite Murthy Sir. Okay, Sir? Bye!”
Before Ram could respond, Prasanna accidentally dropped his phone.
Ram smiled to himself and wondered what Friday’s lunch would bring. Life seemed to be bringing new people, new friendships, and new occasions into his world every day.
To be continued…
K. Ragavan
17-8-26
No comments:
Post a Comment