Thursday, August 13, 2026

Small Story 702.

 Small Story 702

Life is Beautiful 47

As Ram was locking the door, Tommy stood nearby, wagging his tail happily and looking at his master. Ram smiled at him and left for the ashram.

When Ram reached the ashram, he saw Swami Ramanandaji talking to someone in his room. Ram had met Swamiji on several occasions and greatly admired his vast knowledge and profound wisdom. In particular, Ram was impressed by the fact that Swamiji had worked in the field of engineering while also possessing a deep understanding of philosophy and spirituality.

Just then, Swamiji came out of his room to attend to something. On seeing Ram, he smiled warmly and invited him inside.

Ram followed him into the room. There, he noticed a young woman sitting comfortably, waiting to speak with Swamiji.

“Ram, let me introduce you to her. Her name is Kaathambari,” Swamiji said. “She is a writer and also works as a journalist for a multinational television company headquartered in Dubai. She has come to India to cover Karnataka. In particular, she was very interested in visiting our ashram.”

Ram smiled.

“Kaathambari, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I never expected that I would meet you here, in the beautiful city of Mysore, of all places. I’m Ram.”

Kaathambari looked at him intently for a moment. Then, with pleasant surprise, she suddenly smiled.

“Oh my God! Are you Bharani? You are Bharani, my favourite writer, aren’t you?”

Ram smiled gently.

“Yes, I am.”

“It is such a pleasant surprise to meet you here, Sir. My chief, Atkinson, likes your style of writing, especially your recent article on the ongoing Middle East crisis in the newspaper. Through him, I got your name and telephone number. I was planning to call you and invite you to lunch the day after tomorrow, but now I have met you here itself. I am staying at Dasaprakash Paradise, and lunch will be there. Please come at 12 noon on the 16th. We have a lot to discuss.”

“Okay. See you then,” Ram said.

Just then, Ranjitha entered Swamiji’s room. On seeing Ram there, she looked surprised.

“Ram! I wanted to come to your place after seeing Swamiji, but you are here!”

Ram was equally surprised to see her.

Ranjitha wished Swamiji respectfully. “Namaskara, Swamiji. My chief wanted you to attend our function tomorrow evening. We are completing one decade, and we would be honoured by your presence.” She handed him an invitation.

Swamiji smiled and accepted it. “Sure, I will come.”

Ranjitha then turned to Ram. “Ram, I have your invitation in my car. I will drop you at your place and give it to you. You must also come to the function tomorrow.”

After they left the ashram, Ranjitha drove Ram to his house and handed him the invitation.

“Ram, please come tomorrow. It will mean a lot to us. And please tell your chief that I am happy to attend the function,” Ram said.

Ranjitha smiled. “Certainly. I’ll let him know.”

After a brief conversation, Ranjitha left.

Ram stood at the doorway for a moment, looking at the invitation in his hand. It had been an unexpectedly eventful day. Meeting Kaathambari, receiving an invitation to lunch, and now being invited to a special anniversary celebration—all of it seemed to be unfolding in a strangely meaningful way.

Little did Ram know that these seemingly ordinary meetings would soon lead to an unexpected turn in his life.

Tobecontinued

K.Ragavan

14-8-26

No comments: