Monday, August 17, 2026

Small Story 706.

 Small Story 706.

Life Is Beautiful 51

The next day morning, Ram finished his walk with his little friend and entered his apartment. Murthy wished him, “Hey, how are you? I haven’t seen you for two days.”

“I went for two programmes and enjoyed them,” Ram replied.

“Good,” Murthy whispered and left for his office.

Ram entered his apartment, and Tomy settled into his usual place. After five minutes, Ram received a call from an unknown number. He answered it.

“Can I speak to Mr. Ram?” It was a sweet lady’s voice.

“Yes, this is Ram,” he replied.

“Sorry to disturb you. Can I talk to you for a few minutes?”

“No problem. You can,” Ram replied.

“I am Sophia. We met on Saturday at the OOI Academy function, where I listened to your inspiring address. I am now working with the FBI in Denver, USA, and I came here to attend the function.

“Eight years ago, I studied at this Academy, and OOI was my mentor and guide. My parents are settled in Boston. My dad was also a classmate of OOI. His name is David.

“I have gone through your blog. Ranjitha gave me the link. I am a regular reader, and I really like your style of writing. My husband works for FedEx as an Area Manager in Denver, and our only daughter, Monica, is in the eighth grade.

“During this visit, I never imagined that I would meet my favourite writer and former teacher. I also like your pen name, Bharani. Ranjitha told me that you would be coming for her dad’s birthday celebration, and I am very happy that I will get another opportunity to meet you and have a conversation with you.”

Ram replied, “Thank you, Sophia, for such a beautiful introduction and for your admiration of my blog and articles.”

Sophia continued, “Since I am an alumna of OOI Academy, I have always felt connected to the institution. Ranjitha met me last year in Denver for some investigation work, and recently she sent me the link to your blog by email.”

“Amazing, Sophia,” Ram whispered. “Thank you for your call and for the wonderful introduction. It is really nice to know that you are a working professional with the FBI.”

“Thank you, Mr. Ram. Have a nice day. See you at the birthday event. Bye.”

“Bye, Sophia.”

She ended the call.

Ram sat quietly for a moment, wondering how, within such a short period, three wonderful people had come into his circle of friendship. It felt like a miracle.

First, there was Ranjitha, then Kathambari, and now Sophia.

Life was indeed beautiful, and every new meeting seemed to bring another unexpected chapter into Ram’s journey.

To be continued...

K. Ragavan

18-8-26

No comments: