Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Small Story 700.

 Short Story – 700

Life Is Beautiful – 45

“How did you come to know my name?”Ram whisphered

“My superior officer, Mr. Paramanand, read the article you recently wrote about the Middle East issue. He obtained your name and telephone number from the newspaper’s editor-in-chief. I had been thinking of meeting you one day. But I never imagined that I would meet you here in the park!”

Ram smiled. “I’m very happy too. Truly, this is a pleasant coincidence.”

“My superior officer will be very pleased to know that I met you today,” said Ranjitha. Then she took a visiting card from her handbag and handed it to him.

“This is my visiting card. I will stay in touch with you.”

“Certainly. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ranjitha.”

“Goodbye, sir. Have a pleasant day.”

“I wish you a pleasant day too.”

Ranjitha left the park. Ram remained seated there for a few more minutes. He kept thinking about the unexpected meeting that had just taken place.

To be continued...

K. Ragavan

12-8-26

No comments: