Friday, August 7, 2026

Small Story 696.

 Small Story 696

Life is Beautiful – 41

Ram was very happy to hear that Prasanna had gotten a job. At the same time, he appreciated Prasanna's presence of mind in reading the article and immediately recognizing the opportunity it presented.

Ram: "It's true that today's youth have good intelligence (IQ) and a strong general awareness."

While he was speaking, his phone rang. He answered the call. It was Moorthy on the other end.

Moorthy: "Ram, your student has done an excellent job. He's going to join the company as early as next week."

Ram: "Thank you, Moorthy. This will be a great help to Prasanna and his future."

Moorthy: "He deserves it. All right, we'll talk again later."

After the call ended, Prasanna asked:

Prasanna: "Sir, was that Mr. Moorthy on the phone?"

Ram: "Yes. After you join this company, where are you planning to stay in Mysore?"

Prasanna: "I'll look for a small house in an area close to my office."

Ram: "Finding a house in that area is very difficult. Besides, the rent is quite high."

Prasanna: "In that case, I'll first rent a room and stay there. Later, I'll bring my mother to live with me."

Ram: "All right. You may be able to find a house at a reasonable rent in an area a little farther away. But you'll have to search for one."

Prasanna: "Okay, sir. I'll leave now. I'll stay in touch with you."

Ram was about to say, "Take care, go safely." But at that very moment...

(To be continued...)

– K. Ragavan

8-8-26

No comments: