Friday, August 28, 2026

Small Story 717.

 Small Story 717

Life is beautiful 62.

Atkinson remained silent for a moment before speaking again.


“I have a daughter, and I consider her a great blessing. She is currently living in New Zealand. My wife, Elizabeth, and I live here in Dubai. I worked with RAW for fifteen years and retired eight years ago. After that, I was given an opportunity to work for this television channel.”


Ram listened to him with great interest.


“My close friend, OO1, is currently in Mysore,” Atkinson continued. “Unfortunately, I was unable to attend his recent event. However, Kadambari attended the programme and introduced you to me. After attending an interview at one of Dubai’s leading companies at 12 noon today, she came here.”


Atkinson then called his Deputy Editor.


“You may visit our various departments and meet our programme presenters. Hari will take you around.”


A few moments later, Hari arrived.


“Welcome, Mr. Ram. I’m Hari, the Deputy Editor here.”


Hari took Ram around the various departments of the channel. He introduced him to the staff and explained the work and responsibilities of each department. Ram was deeply impressed by the professional atmosphere and the way everyone worked together in coordination.


After the tour was over, Hari brought Ram back to Atkinson’s office.


By then, Kadambari had also arrived.


“Welcome, Ram,” she said warmly.


Atkinson asked Kadambari to take a seat and then began to speak.


“Kadambari, I would like to thank you sincerely. You are truly a person of many talents. Over the past three years, you have worked excellently as both a programme presenter and a journalist for our channel, and you have earned a good name for yourself.”


Kadambari smiled modestly.


“I also read the article you recently wrote about the ongoing Middle East crisis and the challenging situation faced by this country in protecting its citizens,” Atkinson continued.


He then turned towards Ram.


“By profession, you were a teacher of English and History. In addition, you have also been expressing your creativity through your blog about nature. I believe all these talents will be valuable to our channel.”


Ram listened carefully.


“Since you are now retired,” Atkinson said, “I would like to offer you the position of Coordinator at our channel. In that role, you can assist and guide us in various areas.”


Ram had never expected such an opportunity.


He looked at Kadambari in surprise. She too was equally astonished.


Just then, the telephone on Atkinson’s desk rang.


Atkinson picked up the call.


“Hello…”


To be continued…


K. Ragavan

29-8-26


No comments: