Short Story 691
Life is Beautiful – 36
Raj continued speaking.
Raj: "Ram, I was very happy yesterday. My senior journalist friend spoke very highly of your talent, and I felt extremely proud. He told me that you had written many short stories, articles, and essays on various social issues for both local and international magazines."
Ram: "Oh, is that what you're referring to? I never mentioned it to you because I'm not as versatile a journalist as you are. Besides, only recently have people started recognizing my work. I was planning to tell you and Moorthy one of these days. I'm happy that your friend still remembers me. By the way, how did this topic come up?"
Raj: "Yesterday, my friend Srivatsa came to my house. He noticed your photograph on my table and immediately began speaking very highly of you. He praised not only your writing but also your commitment to social causes."
Ram: "Thank you, Raj. I didn't deliberately keep it a secret. I simply never found the right occasion to mention it."
Raj: "Ram, I know your nature. You never boast about your achievements. That is one of the reasons I am truly proud of you."
Ram: "Thank you for your kind opinion of me."
Just then, Raj received a phone call from home. After speaking for a moment, he said goodbye to Ram and hurried home.
After Raj left, Ram went about his daily routine.
(To be continued...)
3-8-26
No comments:
Post a Comment