Saturday, August 1, 2026

Small Story 690.

 Small Story 690: 

Life Is Beautiful (Part 35)

Tommy's barking brought Ram out of his daydream. As he stepped out of his room, he saw his friend Raj standing at the front door.

Ram: Hello, Raj! How are you? Tommy knows you very well.

Raj: Thank you. But why haven't you been in touch with me?

Ram: I've been extremely busy with work lately. That's why. Please forgive me. Come in. What would you like to drink—tea or milk?

Raj: A cup of tea will do. And I'd also like those salty biscuits that you enjoy.

Ram: Of course. I'll make the tea and bring it right away.

Raj: Ram, I need to ask you something important. Please don't hide anything from me.

Ram: I haven't hidden anything from you. What is it? Just wait a moment. I'll get the tea from the kitchen.

Raj sat quietly, deeply lost in thought about the truth he had just discovered.

Raj: Ram, today I met one of my senior friends. While talking to him, I learned about your past. I was truly shocked to hear it. We've been close friends for the past twenty years. How could you keep something so important from me?

Ram: Raj, I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're talking about.

As Ram walked to the kitchen to get the tea, countless thoughts raced through his mind.

"Has Raj somehow found out about the long-buried memories of my past?" The thought filled him with anxiety.

A few minutes later, Ram returned carrying two cups of hot tea and a plate of salty biscuits.

Raj: Ram, the experiences you've been through in your life are truly extraordinary. I kept wondering why you never shared any of them with me all these years.

Ram looked at Raj silently. For a moment, he couldn't find the words to respond.

(To be continued...)

2-8-26

No comments: