Thursday, August 6, 2026

Small Story 695.

 Small  Story 695

 Life Is Beautiful – 40

As Ram was enjoying his favorite Mysore Pak, he wanted to ask Prasanna a question. However, he decided to keep it to himself for the moment.

Ram: "Prasanna, how did your interview go?"

Prasanna: "It went very well, sir. All the questions were about chemistry and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes. In particular, my answer to one question impressed the interviewers a lot."

Ram: "What was the question?"

Prasanna: "It was about arthritis and the side effects of the medicines used to treat it."

Ram: "And what did you answer?"

Prasanna: "I explained in detail the causes of arthritis, the situations in which it can be hereditary, the medicines used to treat it, and their side effects."

Ram: "Excellent! You aren't even a chemistry student, yet you answered so clearly!"

Prasanna: "That's because of you, sir."

Ram: "Because of me?"

Prasanna: "A few years ago, I kept an article you wrote about arthritis, its treatment, and the side effects of the medicines. I came to know that this pharmaceutical company's interview would mainly focus on arthritis medications, so I read that article again. It was that article that helped me get this job."

Ram: "I'm very happy to hear that. I sincerely appreciate your presence of mind and your effort. Congratulations!"

Prasanna: "There's another piece of good news, sir. My monthly salary for the first six months will be ₹25,000. After that, they said it will be increased."

Ram: "₹25,000 is a very good starting salary for a beginner. My heartfelt congratulations! And thank you for the sweets."

The answer to the question Ram had wanted to ask earlier was eventually given by Prasanna himself. The question Ram had intended to ask was:

"What is your salary?"

(To be continued...)

– K. Ragavan

7-8-26

No comments: