Subject: A Call for a Distinct Identity for Every Indian Citizen
As a senior citizen of this great country, I have a heartfelt question and a sincere request: why should an Indian citizen not have a clear, nationally recognised document that identifies them as an Indian citizen?
We already have several identity cards and travel documents for different purposes. However, I believe every Indian citizen should be provided with a simple and universally recognised document that clearly establishes their Indian citizenship and national identity.
India is one of the world's fastest-growing major economies. Over the decades, our nation has witnessed remarkable development and transformation. Indians are already respected and recognised globally for their achievements in science, technology, business, education, medicine, culture and many other fields.
Yet, at the heart of all these achievements is the simple fact that we are Indian citizens. A clear identity as an Indian citizen can strengthen our sense of belonging, dignity, recognition and national pride.
Therefore, I humbly request the Government of India to consider introducing an official Indian Citizen Identity Document/Card, in any suitable form, for citizens who are legally recognised as Indians. Such a document could provide a clear and convenient proof of citizenship while complementing the identity documents already in use.
As a senior citizen, I may not be here to witness all the changes that the future will bring. But I sincerely hope that the younger generation and future leaders of India will inherit not only a strong and prosperous nation, but also a clear and dignified identity as Indian citizens.
Identity gives recognition. Recognition commands respect. And every citizen deserves to be recognised with pride as an Indian.
I place this thought before the Government and fellow citizens with the hope that it will receive serious consideration in the larger national interest.
Jai Hind!
With warm regards,
K. Ragavan
Senior Citizen
Proud Indian
No comments:
Post a Comment