Small Story 699
Life Is Beautiful – 44
The next morning, as usual, Ram set out for his morning walk. However, that day, he suddenly felt like going to Saluwamba Park instead of his usual walking route.
When he entered the park, it was around 6:45 in the morning. Some people were already engaged in their morning walks.
After completing two rounds, Ram decided to sit on a bench for a while.
As he walked towards a bench, he noticed a mobile phone lying on it.
He looked around, but there was no one nearby.
Just then, he heard a pleasant voice from behind him.
“Excuse me, sir. That is my mobile phone. I saw a woman fall down, so I hurried over to help her and left my phone here. When I came back, I saw you looking at it. I thought someone might have lost their phone and left it behind.”
“Oh, is that so! I thought someone had accidentally dropped their phone,” Ram replied.
“Thank you for being so attentive,” she said with a smile. “My name is Ranjitha. I work for an organization called OO1 Academy. Mr. Paramanand is the head of the organization.”
“It was nice meeting you, Ranjitha. I’m Ram. I retired from my job as a professor some time ago, at the age of 55. I live nearby, in Yadavagiri. Where do you live?”
“I live in Jayalakshmipuram,” Ranjitha replied.
Ram smiled.
“I’ve heard that you are also a writer. You write under the pen name ‘Bharani,’ don’t you?” he asked.
Ram was surprised.
To be continued…
K. Ragavan
11-8-26
No comments:
Post a Comment