Small Story 708
Life Is Beautiful – 53
The next morning, after finishing his walk, Ram went to his usual bread shop to buy bread for himself and Tommy. While he was on his way, his phone started ringing.
“Hello?”
“Ram, it’s Kathambari. I reached safely. Today, my company applied for your visa. I hope we will get it in a few days. I wanted to inform you and ask you to be ready. Once you receive the visa by courier, you can plan to enter Dubai within a month. Have a nice day.”
With that, Kathambari ended the call.
Ram reached home and gave the bread to Tommy. After freshening up, he started eating his bread. His mind was filled with thoughts about how Kathambari had come into his life and how her company had now applied for his visa. He felt that God had truly blessed him.
Only the previous day, he had seen R. A. Ki. Rangarajan’s photograph at Ranjitha’s house. The photograph had brought back many happy memories of the past. And now, he had received the wonderful news about his entry into Dubai—a place he had never even dreamed of visiting.
Ram wondered how Dubai would change the course of his life in the coming days. He had no idea what the future held for him, but he was ready to accept whatever came his way.
That evening, during his walk, he met Anandarao, another scientist friend who had retired from CFTRI.
“How are you, Ram?” Anandarao asked.
“I am fine, Mr. Rao. How is your wife?” Ram asked softly.
“She is fine. My son is also working in Dubai. He is doing well,” Anandarao replied.
They spoke for about ten minutes before going their separate ways.
Ram had always believed that whatever you wanted in life should come with God’s blessings. He never believed in forcing things or expecting too much from life. Since childhood, he had followed one simple principle:
“Do your work sincerely and leave the rest to God.”
He believed that if something was meant to happen, it would happen at the right time and in the right way.
After his walk, Ram returned home. He watched television for some time, had his night tiffin, and then went to bed.
Suddenly, his phone started ringing. It was Prasanna.
“Sir, today I came to your house, but I didn’t find you. Probably, you had gone for your walk. I just wanted to remind you about dinner at our place tomorrow evening. I have sent you my location. You can come with Murthy sir. Raj uncle will also be coming with his family.”
Ram replied, “Certainly, Prasanna. I will come.”
“Good night, sir,” Prasanna said and ended the call.
Ram placed his phone beside him and went to sleep.
As he closed his eyes, many thoughts passed through his mind—the memories of the past, Kathambari’s unexpected arrival in his life, his visa to Dubai, and the dinner invitation for the next evening.
Life was indeed moving in mysterious ways.
To be continued...
K. Ragavan
20-8-26
No comments:
Post a Comment