Small Story 693
Life Is Beautiful – 38
The phone rang. It was a call from Moorthy.
Ram: Hello! How are you?
Moorthy: I'm doing well. Where are you now? Are you in Mysuru or Melkote?
Ram: I'm in Mysuru. Why did you ask about Melkote?
Moorthy: Raj had invited me to come to Melkote as well, but I couldn't make it because I had some important work.
Ram: I see. So, what made you call me?
Moorthy: Next week, our principal pharma company's senior executives are coming from Germany. We have a few plans regarding the company's expansion, and we need your help.
Ram: My help? What can I do?
Moorthy: You're a retired professor. Many of your former students must be looking for jobs, right?
Ram: What kind of jobs?
Moorthy: At our company. We're recruiting for a few Coordinator positions. We're looking for young graduates who have recently completed their degrees. I thought you could recommend at least one good candidate.
Ram: Thank you very much for thinking of me. I'll send you a young man I've known for the past eight years. He is very honest, sincere, and responsible.
As Ram was speaking, Prasanna, who was nearby, overheard the entire conversation. His eyes filled with tears.
(To be continued...)
— K. Ragavan
5-8-26
No comments:
Post a Comment