Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Small Story 694.

 Short Story 694

Life is Beautiful – 39

Seeing tears well up in Prasanna's eyes, Ram said,

Ram: "Prasanna, don't get emotional. First, attend the interview. Make a good impression on my friend Moorthy and perform well in the interview. Only then will you truly have a reason to be happy."

Prasanna: "You're right, sir. When you're putting in so much effort to help improve my life, why should I be crying?"

Ram: "First, attend the interview. We can think about everything else afterward."

Ram spoke to his friend Moorthy and arranged an interview for Prasanna the very next day.

The following evening, as Ram was getting ready for his usual walk, the doorbell suddenly rang. When he opened the door, Prasanna was standing there holding a small parcel.

Ram: "Welcome, Prasanna. Please come in."

Prasanna: "Sir, I have some wonderful news! I have been selected as a Coordinator at your friend Moorthy's company. I'll be joining work this coming Monday. And here is your favorite sweet—Mysore Pak from Guru Sweets. I know Guru Sweets is famous for its Mysore Pak, and I also know it's your favorite."

Ram: "Congratulations, Prasanna! I'm very proud of you. Moorthy is a very strict man. Earning his confidence is a great achievement."

Prasanna: "What you say is true, sir. But after all, I'm your student, aren't I?"

This time, tears welled up in Ram's eyes as well—but they were not tears of sorrow. They were tears of immeasurable joy.

(To be continued...)

— K. Ragavan

6-8-26

No comments: