Monday, August 31, 2026

Small Story 720.

 Small Story 720

Life Is Beautiful – 65

After a delicious lunch, all three of them reached the Channel office and went straight to Chief Atkinson’s cabin. They sat comfortably and continued their conversation.

Ram was delighted as he reflected on everything that had happened over the past two days. So many unexpected and unbelievable things had taken place, far beyond what he had imagined. Atkinson’s intuition and encouragement had made him even happier and motivated him to create some new and innovative stories for his blog.

Kaathambari, too, was happy. She felt that introducing Ram to Atkinson had been truly worthwhile and that it could open a new chapter in Ram’s life.

Atkinson started speaking.

“Mr. Ram, to apply for your visa, we need your educational and other certificates for submission to the Labour Department. I hope that, within a week, our sponsor will be able to obtain the necessary visa approval.

“I will issue your appointment letter tomorrow, along with our terms and conditions. Your official joining date will be mentioned in the letter.

“I suggest that you stay here for one month. During this period, you can visit all the important places and enjoy your stay before returning to India. As soon as you reach India, please send us your certificates so that we can begin the visa process. After one month, you can return and join us.

“The visa will be valid for three years, and I am confident that the present crisis will disappear by then. I strongly believe that everything will turn out well.”

“I am also thinking along the same lines,” Ram replied softly.

“Stay here happily and visit all the important places. Kaathambari will accompany you and show you around. During your stay, I would also like you to come to the office every day. Observe how we function, meet our people and understand our working style. It will give you a good idea of how the Channel operates.”

“Certainly, Mr. Atkinson. Learning is my passion. I would be very happy to come to the office and learn from your team,” Ram replied enthusiastically.

Just then, Ram’s new mobile phone began ringing.

It was Raj calling from Mysore.

“Hello, Ram! How are you? Are you happy there?”

“Yes, Raj. I am very happy here. I will send you a detailed letter by email and tell you everything. I feel very comfortable with the Channel atmosphere. I am especially grateful for Chief Atkinson’s kindness and for Kaathambari’s introduction. She has been a great help to me.”

“That’s wonderful to hear, Ram. Take care and enjoy your stay. Bye for now.”

“Bye, Raj.”

Ram ended the call and kept his mobile phone aside.

Atkinson smiled.

“Mr. Ram, you certainly have wonderful people who care about you. I am very happy to see such genuine friendships in your life. I have always admired and respected true friendship.”

He paused for a moment and continued.

“And please don’t worry about your little friend Tommy. He will be looked after very well during your absence.”

“That is very reassuring, Mr. Atkinson. Thank you,” Ram replied gratefully.

The conversation continued for some time. Ram felt increasingly confident about his future and was thankful for the unexpected opportunities that had come his way.

At exactly 5 p.m., after spending the afternoon at the office, Ali arrived to pick up Ram. He drove him back safely to the guest house.

Ram looked back at the Channel office as the car moved away. He felt that the past two days had changed many things in his life.

A new journey seemed to be waiting for him.

To be continued...

K. Ragavan

1-9-26

No comments: