Sunday, August 23, 2026

Small Story 712.

 Small Story 712

Life is Beautiful – 57

After a few days, Ram met Ranjitha again at the walking spot in Saluvamba Park.

Ranjitha wished him, “Hello, Professor-writer! How are you? What a pleasant surprise to meet you again here. Actually, I wanted to convey my best wishes to you for a happy journey to Dubai tomorrow, but I happened to meet you here.”

Ram was surprised. “How do you know that I am going to Dubai?”

“Yesterday, Kaathambari mailed me and told me that you are going to Dubai tomorrow.”

“Thank you for your wishes. I am only praying that I should be able to go and come back without any disturbances, considering the ongoing escalation between the US and Iran.”

“Nothing will happen. You will go and see the talk of the city on the global map and come back safely,” Ranjitha assured him.

“Thank you,” Ram whispered.

In the meantime, Ranjitha received a call from her mother and had to leave. After completing his walk, Ram returned home and saw Tommy waiting for him.

He affectionately patted Tommy and said, “Hey, friend, I will be missing you for a few days. I don’t know exactly how many.”

Tommy came closer to him, and Ram hugged him lovingly.

After finishing his bath and pooja, Ram sat in his chair and recollected the day’s incidents. He felt that life was moving in the right direction for him. He was happy and felt that God was taking care of everything. Whatever came his way, he would accept it with faith.

After a few minutes, Raj called Ram and confirmed that he would be at Ram’s place sharp at 7:00 a.m. the next morning. They would then leave for Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru, as Ram’s flight was scheduled to depart at 1:30 p.m.

After lunch and a little rest, Ram packed his clothes in a suitcase. He kept his travel documents and passport safely in his hand baggage and made all the necessary preparations for the next day’s departure.

That night, he watched television for about twenty minutes and then retired early so that he could wake up at 5:00 a.m. and get ready in time.

Before going to bed, Ram once again affectionately patted Tommy.

He looked at his faithful friend and smiled.

Tomorrow would be the beginning of another journey, and Ram was ready to accept whatever the future had in store for him.

To be continued

K. Ragavan

24-8-26

No comments: