Sunday, August 6, 2023

Tribute 778.

Tribute to Bangalore - Photos from a Bygone Age Group778 Wherever you live, the place you reside will inevitably captivate you for various reasons, and this is undoubtedly true for me. My current place of residence not only attracts me with its weather conditions but also its rich traditions and heritage. Recently, my good friend NJRavichander introduced me to a social group called "Bangalore - Photos from a Bygone Age," and it filled me with joy and excitement to see the old photos preserved and shared by the group members. The collection includes pictures of museums, educational institutes, film halls, playgrounds, and many other places, all of which are truly amazing to witness. Having spent a total of twenty-two years in Karnataka state and over sixteen years in Emirates during my work between 1993 and 2009, I was particularly fascinated by the old pictures of film stalwarts, famous parks like Lalbagh and Cubbon Park, and other developments in Bangalore. The group also features images of renowned eateries, book stalls, and the prominent Kempegowda road and its surroundings, which beautifully present the city's past. Above all, I deeply admire the interest, involvement, and dedication shown by the group members. The inclusion of old temple pictures is especially commendable, and it brings me immense joy to pay tribute to this group for keeping the memory of Bangalore, the beautiful garden city, alive forever. K. Ragavan Looking forward to connecting with you again next week. Date: 7-8-23

No comments: