Friday, October 16, 2015

Article 425.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 17Oct 15,(Article 425)

Name fun

While I was still working, I had the good fortune of making some friends who were witty in their approach. As a result of such friendship, I had been given an interesting nickname. My friends would often introduce me to their associates with that nickname, not my real name. 

Most people would be surprised and wonder if I were a celebrity. Then my friends would explain how the nickname was given and it kind of stuck. The nickname was “Gemini.” Interestingly, that was also the name of a famous Tamil film star of the yesteryears. 

Nicknames are fun, especially the ones that are made to tease you. I am sure most of you out there might have such fun nicknames too, if not it’s never too late... 
K. Ragavan

No comments: