Monday, December 5, 2022

Tribute 743.

Tribute to Dr.A.A.Asirvatham F.R.C.S Today I remembered an incident which I witnessed on my own about two hours before the surgery of my mother forty seven years back in Madurai south india.The surgery was Thyroidectomy and it was performed by the famous Surgeon,Professor of Madurai Erskine hospital, Dr A.A.Asirvatham F.R.C.S.Known for this Surgery Procedure very well and happened to my Contact Doctor When i was working for a reputed Pharmaceutical company based at Madurai.He examined my mother and suggested to go for this surgery as she had already had a big Thyroid gland .I agreed and he decided to operate in a Private nursing home at Madurai with another doctor friend who was an anaesthetist.With my curiosity i asked the doctor ,how long this surgery will take.He replied may be two hours or more and said that I can watch it if I want to. I was thrilled to hear his words and agreed to watch.I witnessed for nearly two hours and fifteen minutes done in the famous nursing home of late Stalwart doctor P.Vadamalayan If my memory is correct.I Admired his style in performing the surgery in his own cool ,calm way and thrilled to know that was his 934 th Thyroidectomy.Why i remembered this great legend for his helping nature to all irrespective of poor or rich and his dedication was superb.And still i remember his words,Ragavan physician will treat god heals .It was true and still his philosophy followed in his Asirvatham Super specialty hospital with dedicated doctors. I always remember this doctor who made my mother live for more than 38 years. Today I remembered this wonderful Legend.. K.Ragavan 5-12-22 See You Next week

No comments: