Sunday, July 30, 2023

Tribute 777.

Tribute to Writer-lyricist Rangarajan (Vaali) 777 Today, I am going to pen about another interesting personality from the Tamil film industry, none other than the late Rangarajan, popularly known as Vaali in his pen name. He was well-known to millions of people and has been documented by many authors and film personalities. I want to pay tribute to this legend in my blogs; I am compelled to portray his personality today. He was born in the famous Trichy district of Thirupparaithurai and studied up to S.S.L.C in Srirangam. Later, he came to Chennai to work in the Tamil film industry. He was fortunate enough to be introduced by the late actor and Chief Minister M.G. Ramachandran into films. His imagination, dedication, and creative works made him a wonderful writer and lyricist, propelling him to fame for nearly six decades, if I am correct. He collaborated with top-class companies, producers, and actors. His meaningful songs created big hits in those days for popular actors, viz. M.G.R., Gemini Ganesan, and many other heroes. I cherish all his songs, but there are three unforgettable songs that I always murmur: "Poo Varaiyum," "Odivathu Pol Idai," and "Yaar Sirithal" from the film "Ithayathil Neev," directed by the late legend of Muktha Films, V. Srinivasan. I cannot ignore them. He won many awards, including the Padmashree, which I must mention. A great versatile writer and lyricist, liked by one and all, is no longer with us. However, his magical songs still ring in our ears. Today, I am delighted to pay tribute to this great legend, Vaali. K. Ragavan Until we meet again next week, 31-7-23

No comments: