Sunday, July 23, 2023

Tribute 776.

Tribute to Prakash Belawadi 776 Today, I am compelled to write about a versatile personality who has been acclaimed with many awards. Known for his stage and screen activities in various areas of the Kannada film industry, he is none other than the academician and activist, Prakash Belawadi. Even though he has been applauded by many and has made a mark in the international arena over the decades, I want to pay tribute to this versatile personality in my blogs for my satisfaction. While I have not seen his stage performances, I have watched a couple of Kannada and Tamil films in which he amazed me with his versatile roles. Films like India VS England, Airlift, Soorarai Potru (a Tamil movie), and a few others in Hindi, though I cannot recollect the names, have left a lasting impression on me. His family background led him to take a liking for the theatre, and he proved his mettle and established his own identity, which is laudable. With my limited knowledge, I am writing this column, and today, I am very happy to pay tribute to this award-winning personality. Apart from his film career, he is a mechanical engineer, activist, and above all, a good human being. I have already mentioned his collaboration with film directors Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar and Raja Krishna Menon for India VS England and Airlift in my blogs. His sister Sudha Belawadi is another versatile actress from his family .I wish him all the very best in the coming days and hope for happy and peaceful days for his family members. His contributions to the small screen and theatre are undeniable, and today, I am happy to pay tribute to this stalwart. K. Ragavan Until we meet again next week 24-7-23

No comments: