Friday, January 17, 2014

Article 335.

Article Published in The Gulf Today Uae on 18 Dec 14(Article 335).

Quack’s an ache

A few days ago, a severe toothache forced me to go to a dentist. After examining my teeth, the doctor prescribed an antibiotic and advised me to go for a root canal treatment. I was not sure if I really needed to follow the doctor’s advice. I, therefore, consulted a friend who recently had gone in for a root canal treatment.

He told me that if my doctor was qualified and experienced, I should follow his advice.

I asked him the reason for such advice and his reply stunned me. He told me that one of his friends had gone to a doctor for his toothache. That ‘doctor’ was not a dentist but had been practising for years as one in his native place. That ‘doctor’ did not hesitate to extract his friend’s tooth. The reason for my story is you should be aware of the credentials of your doctor. Luckily, my friend was safe. One more thing, after listening to that story, my toothache just vanished.
K. Ragavan

No comments: