Friday, April 12, 2013

Article 297.


IPL fever rules Article  Published in The Gulf Today ,UAE on 13 April 13.(297)

The IPL cricket fever, which has struck the game’s fans in India, even worldwide on April 3, is spreading rapidly.

From toddlers to grey-haired senior citizens, vantage seats in front of TV sets are taken up well before 8pm (in India) each match day.

Leave aside normal days, when I don’t get a chance to watch my favourite news programmes, it’s now even more so, since the IPL hogs viewership at home, with everyone, especially my grandchildren, fully occupied with the live telecasts.

This time around, I am much too happy to be part of the fun. My grandson makes his point: “Apart from watching the beautiful sixers hit by the players, I love the music, song and dance on show during the course of the games.”

No doubt, even adults are lapping up the music and the Jumping Jhapak  song has gone viral. Indeed, cricket plays a vital unifying role — across age and gender.
K. Ragavan

No comments: