Sunday, September 17, 2023

Tribute 784.

Tribute to Astrologer Prof. Sundaram Today, I am compelled to share my recollection of an unforgettable incident that occurred to me five decades ago when I was employed as a medical representative in Madurai. Every two months, my company organized a gathering called the Cycle Meeting, which took place in Chennai. On one such occasion, I was returning from Chennai to Madurai on the Tirunelveli Express, traveling in a first-class compartment arranged by my company. While seated in my designated berth, a gentleman across from me smiled and politely inquired if I could exchange my lower berth for his upper one due to his age and difficulty in climbing. I readily agreed, and as night fell, I retired to sleep, only to disembark at Kodai Road station early the next morning. My fellow traveler, sipping coffee, exchanged friendly greetings with me. Afterward, he observed me silently for a few moments, piquing my curiosity. To break the silence, he asked to see my hand, to which I obliged. After a brief examination, he shared a rather intriguing prediction: "Your current profession may not provide ample income, money will flow in and out. Your real success will come only after sixty, when your name will be widely recognized, and people will speak of you." His words left me astounded, as my job's income was sufficient at the time, supplemented by my company's benefits. He continued, "It doesn't mean you won't survive, but your true fame will emerge after sixty, and those who come after you will acknowledge your contributions." I remained genuinely surprised by his insight. An hour later, we arrived at the Madurai station, where a crowd greeted us, garlanded him, and chanted praises for Prof. Sundaram's greatness. As he disembarked, he looked back at me and said, "You will remember me when you turn sixty." Decades have since passed, and I found myself in the UAE, the land of opportunities, at the age of forty-eight in 1993. After serving in the field of risk management for several years, in December 2004, I came across an article in the leading local newspaper, Gulf News, that caught my attention. Inspired, I decided to pen a few words about the featured personality, Krishnamurthy Kannan. To my delight, my article was published the following week, and I began contributing to other newspapers. My passion for writing, nurtured since childhood, bore fruit, and friends started appreciating my articles, bringing me a sense of joy and accomplishment. One day, as I reflected on my journey, I recalled the prediction made by the renowned numerologist and astrologer, Prof. Sundaram. He had also foretold the return of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi to power, which indeed materialized. Although I had not been a believer in astrology or numerology, given that no one had predicted my eventual journey abroad, Prof. Sundaram's accurate predictions about my career as a writer and recognition by others led me to reconsider my beliefs. While I may not have achieved monumental success, the satisfaction and happiness derived from my role as a blogger, contributions to various publications, and engagement on popular social platforms validate Prof. Sundaram's prophecy. Today, I pay tribute to this remarkable individual who shared a train journey with me, took an interest in my life, and, in doing so, opened my eyes to the potential of expert predictions. K. Ragavan 18-9-23 Until we meet again next week.

No comments: